The Different Types of Claims
A claim is simply an assertion of a party’s right under the terms of a contract or under law.
In the construction industry, this more often than not comes down to either a right to additional time to complete the works, or to additional payment and is very often a combination of the two.
The Institute of Construction Claims Practitioners has a detailed paper on this subject, covering:
- Claims for Additional Payment for Variations
- Claims for Extensions of Time
- Claims for Additional Payment Due to Prolongation
- Acceleration and Disruption Claims
- Claims for Damages Under Law
- Combined or Separate Claims?
To request a copy, please send an email with your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Types of Claims” in the subject line.
Subscribe to receive expert commentary on contracts and claims
If you have enjoyed this article and found it interesting, subscribe to our mailing list to receive more great technical articles, plus relevant industry news for the aspiring construction claims professional.